1. Not getting enough sleep can cause weight gain because your leptin levels (the hormone that regulates appetite) fall, making you feel hungrier throughout the day.
2. After extensive research, scientists have determined counting sheep doesn’t work.
3. Sleep is essential to the healthy functioning of your immune system.
4. You will spend a third of your life sleeping and six years of your life dreaming.
5. It should take you 10-15 minutes to fall asleep.
6. You can’t sneeze in your sleep.
7. Your sleeping position is directly linked to your personality.
8. Sleeping on your front can help with digestion.
9. Before the introduction of color tv, 75% of people dreamed in black and white!
10. Humans are the only mammals that can override their body and delay sleep.
11. Sleep deprivation will get you before food deprivation does.
12. Within 10 minutes of waking up, 90% of your dreams are forgotten.
13. For reasons unknown, people get less sleep on and around the full moon.
14. 30% of Americans get less than 7 hours of sleep a night, which can cause a host of illnesses.
15. According to NASA, the perfect nap lasts 26 minutes.
GET THE BEST SLEEP OF YOUR LIFE
Receive a free copy of our 10-Step Guide to Getting the Best Sleep of Your Life PLUS a free sample of our bestselling Sleep Blend ($12 value), while supplies last!