The harvest is in full swing on the farm and it’s officially sweater weather here at Nedquarters. Needless to say, our proverbial cups (or should we say, mugs of Mellö-spike apple cider) are overflowing with joy and gratitude. Cozy up and try our favorite fall infusion. Cheers to your health!
Mellö-Spiked Apple Cider Recipe
(Makes two cups, cause sharing is caring!)
- 2 scoops or sachets of Naked Mellö
- 4 cups of pure apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves
- 8 whole allspice berries
- ½ - 1 tablespoon of honey (based on sweetness preference)
- 2 apples, cored and cubed (We’re partial to honeycrisp!)
- Extra cinnamon sticks and apple slices, for garnish (and Instagram!)
1. Add apple juice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice berries, honey, and apple slices to a pot.
2. Cook over medium heat until it begins to simmer, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-60 minutes (the longer you simmer, the more flavorful it will be).
3. Strain and pour into your favorite mugs.
4. Pour in two scoops of Mellö naked (or two sachets) and stir with a cinnamon stick.
5. Go all in with your garnishes (apple slices, cinnamon sticks, maybe a little star anise!)
6. Share a mug with someone you appreciate and Mellö out!